The New Zealand Cartridge Collectors Club (NZCCC) is a non-profit organisation set up as a communication media between collectors of ammunition, its accoutrements and associated items. As such the club undertakes to carry out the following:
1. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES.
- a. To foster an interest in cartridge collecting and historic research by arranging meetings, shows and displays to the desires of the membership.
- b. To operate through a regular newsletter, an identification and advertising service to further the knowledge of members on material not otherwise available.
- c. Act as the representative of members with the appropriate authorities, in order to maintain members interests, rights, and enjoyment of the hobby.
- d. Govern membership in compliance with N.Z. regulations pertaining to firearms ammunition and safety considerations.
- e. Actively encourage members to research the development and design of cartridges and to preserve and document research for the general knowledge of the fraternity at large.
2. FINANCE.As a non-profit organisation, income shall be derived solely from subscriptions and commissions collected as required to meet incurred expenses, and the club shall not enter into commercial activity.
3. MEMBERSHIP.Membership is open to any person of good repute expressing an interest in cartridge collecting. Minimum restrictions are placed on member entitlement in accordance with the conditions following:
- a. Payment of Club subscriptions by any member shall be taken as acceptance by him/her of the rules contained herein.
- b. Members are to comply with all N.Z. regulations pertaining to firearms ammunition .
- c. The elected committee is empowered to accept or decline membership of any person, provided that if membership be declined, the reason be communicated to the applicant.
- d. On notification to the committee of a breech of these rules by any member, the committee shall investigate such claim as necessary and shall invite an explanation within 30 days from the member. The committee is empowered to suspend and/or refuse renewal of membership of any member it considers has acted contrary to the objectives of the club. Such actions as referred to shall include:
- (1) Dishonesty in association with any club activity, or any action likely to bring discredit to the club.
- (2) Any breach of the N.Z. firearms and ammunition laws and regulations, resulting in a court conviction.
- (3) Offering for sale or trade, cartridges or cartridge related material while knowing them to be fake. (1980)
- e. It is expected of all members that their collecting activities will be conducted with an ethical integrity equal to that they would expect in return. NZCCC reserves the option of action in the event that any individual member is shown to have acted inappropriately in their dealings with other members. (2012)
- a. As determined by an Annual Statement prepared in June of each year, the committee shall be empowered to alter subscription levies as required in order to maintain the activities of the club, with the understanding that such levies be increased in the event of anticipated expenses exceeding the total income of the club. (2014)
- b. Subscriptions shall be deemed to be due as at each year ending 31 December and members will be invoiced for dues. (1988 & 2014)
- c. Provision made for the alternatives of Life Subscription (all members) and for a five-year subscription (N.Z. members only) (1988) has ceased to exist. (1995)
- d. Membership shall be deemed to have ceased if dues remain outstanding one month after the AGM. (2014)
- e. A list of financial members shall be prepared for distribution before the end of each year.
- f. An induction fee to cover a named membership badge and back Bulletin issues shall be additional to initial subscriptions on joining NZCCC. (1990)
- g. Additional family members may join at a cost of $10 above the existing subscription rate. (2000) This additional family member has all membership rights except receiving a second printed bulletin.
5. ELECTION OF OFFICERS.
- a. In August of each year the Secretary shall call for nominations to the committee. Any office receiving more than one nomination shall, through the club newsletter, be decided by postal ballot. (2014)
- b. Each office of the committee shall be determined by separate nomination and ballot return.
- c. It is preferred the offices of Secretary and Treasurer be separate from that of Editor. However, should circumstance prove necessary, these three offices may be combined.
- d. In the event of a vacancy arising in the committee other than at the time of election, the committee is empowered to appoint a replacement should this be deemed necessary.
- e. Prior to the AGM a postal vote return of nominated officers shall be completed. (2014) This committee shall be inducted at the following annual meeting, be charged with the administration of NZCCC, and shall be empowered to appoint special sub-committees as and if required. (2012)
6. COMMITTEE.Prior to the AGM an election of officers shall be made. This committee shall be charged with the administration of NZCCC and shall be empowered to appoint special sub-committees as and if required.
- a. The Committee shall consist of President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Editor, and further ordinary members as necessary to comprise a body of seven. (1993)
- b. An Honorary Overseas President shall be elected by ballot.
- c. A term of office shall be from Annual General Meeting to the following Annual General Meeting.
- a. At least twice in each year, club meetings shall be held in accordance with the objectives.
- (1) Firearms of any type shall be banned from all NZCCC meetings. (1981)
- (2) Live H.E. ammunition of any type shall be banned from all NZCCC meetings. (1986)
- (3) All items listed in Second Schedule of the NZ Arms Act are prohibited. (2008 & 2012)
- b. One meeting in each year shall be deemed the Annual Meeting, at which all general business shall be conducted in accordance with a majority ruling of the assembled membership. This meeting will take place in or about March or April of each year, at a venue predetermined by the previous annual meeting. (2012 & 2014)
- c. Committee meetings shall be held at a maximum of four month intervals, and otherwise as requirements dictate. One of these meetings shall be held in conjunction with the general meeting. A quorum for all such meetings shall be a minimum of five. (1990)
- d. A committee meeting to determine specific ruling may be convened on request from any three members. A quorum for such meetings shall be a minimum of eight, i.e. Five committee members and the three signatories.
- e. Notice of motions, signed by the proposer and seconder, are to be in the Secretary's hand, seven days prior to the closing date of the newsletter immediately preceding any General Meeting. (1986 & 2012)
- f. Where any Notice of Motion concerns alteration to these rules, provision shall be made via the newsletter for a postal vote return in order to obtain a total membership decision. (2012)
- g. Provision shall be made for reasonable reimbursement to committee members for incurred club related expenses, on receipt of detailed accounts. (1988)
- a. The club shall undertake the publication and distribution to each financial member, of a bi-monthly newsletter containing club related information.
- b. As far as possible the newsletter will endeavour to offer an identification service from information and material submitted by members. Members are therefore solicited for material for their newsletter.
- c. Limited cartridge related advertising space shall be made available in each issue, free of charge to members.
- d. A reciprocal exchange of newsletters with kindred organisations shall be encouraged.
- e. The newsletter shall be known as The N.Z. Cartridge Bulletin, and shall be assembled by the Editor.